- Holfeld Plastics have developed a low density foamed rPET material (rPETeCO).
- Reduced density of the rPET material by >20% to give a specific gravity of approx. 1.05
- Material has unique aesthetic features (Natural touch and feel)
- Material is easier to cut than standard rPET/APET sheet
- Retains up to 90% gas barrier performance of rPET (greater than 25 better than PP)
- Material developed under European Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation (EACI) funded project RPET-FOAM (project no. 277435)
- On awarding the grant to Holfeld the EACI commented that rPET-eco was “highly relevant and innovative with clear and substantial environmental benefits” and had “large potential to deliver in food and other packaging markets”.
For more information and to request a quote, visit our Roll Stock website.